Actions and Detail Panel
English subject leaders network day
Tue 24 January 2017, 09:00 – 15:00 GMT
Target audience: Primary English / literacy subject leaders and anyone interested in English teaching in primary schools
Course leader: Alison Bailey, Pathfinder consultant trainer
NB. Delegates may book for the whole day (with lunch included) or just for the morning or afternoon sessions separately – please see alternative ways to book.
AGENDA ADDED 11.1.17
English Leaders Network morning
The termly network mornings give English subject leaders in primary schools the opportunity to:
- Keep up to date with local, national and international information, initiatives and resources relevant to primary English teaching and assessment;
- Share best practice and issues arising
There will be time to network with colleagues.
The agenda for this session includes:
- updates on trends from the 2016 national statutory assessment data,
- clarification on the 2017 statutory assessment moderation process and revised definitions of independent writing
- discussion on progress with the teaching of comprehension through whole class reading and the teaching of spelling
- information on new resources
As usual, anything you can contribute to these sessions will be very useful.
English Leaders Network afternoon
The afternoon session focus on particular issues requested by delegates and/or of key importance.
This spring session will focus on teaching children the writing process (plan, draft, edit, review/proof) including:
- how that can be built up stage by stage through school
- how transcriptional and compositional skills feed in
- how children can be supported to become independent writers as defined by the 2017 moderation guidance for KS1 and KS2.
If you are attending this session, please bring with you anything that might be relevant to share or consider during the session eg. a couple of children's writing books from your class, an example of your school's literacy planning, policy on display to support literacy, your school's progression in grammar - whatever you think might be relevant.
The day course includes lunch and refreshments.
There is plenty of parking at the school.
Please check the Pathfinder Website for all booking conditions including payment / refunds / cancellations.