Target audience: Primary English / literacy subject leaders and anyone interested in English teaching in primary schools
Course leader: Alison Bailey, Pathfinder consultant trainer
NB. Delegates may book for the whole day (with lunch included) or just for the morning or afternoon sessions separately – please see alternative ways to book.
These termly network mornings give English subject leaders in primary schools the opportunity to:
- Keep up to date with local, national and international information, initiatives and resources relevant to primary English teaching and assessment;
- Share best practice and issues arising
There will be time to network with colleagues.
The agenda for this session (UPDATED 11.1.17) includes:
- updates on trends from the 2016 national statutory assessment data,
- clarification on the 2017 statutory assessment moderation process and revised definitions of independent writing
- discussion on progress with the teaching of comprehension through whole class reading and the teaching of spelling
- information on new resources
As usual, anything you can contribute will be very useful.
There is plenty of parking at the school.
Please check the Pathfinder Website for all booking conditions including payment / refunds / cancellations.