Actions and Detail Panel
English Wine Takeover Festival 2017
Sat 17 June 2017, 12:00 – 17:00 BST
After a fantastic festival in 2016, the English Wine Takeover is back with a fresh new location in the heart of Birmingham.
Hot on the heels of English Wine Week and after a week long celebration of English wine in the city, this day long festival will bring together English wine producers to showcase a selection of delicious wine from vineyards around the country.
Visitors will be able to taste a selection of delectable reds, whites, rosé’s and dessert wines. There will, of course, be plenty of English sparkling!
2017 Exhibitors to be announced, but last years vineyards included:-
- Astley Vineyards
- Biddenden Vineyards Ltd
- English Wine Producers
- Halfpenny Green
- Three Choirs
- Wiston Estate
The event kicks off at 11am with a VIP brunch in the beautiful bistro of Hotel Du Vin, which will see guests enjoying a delicious continental breakfast, with a glass of English bubbly to wash it down with.
Alongside trying a range of wines on the day, enjoy a delicious lunch (as part of our lunch ticket) in the bistro and take part in one of our fantastic masterclasses (TBA).
Tickets for our masterclasses are strictly limited for each masterclass and pre-booking is strongly recommended. These will be announced soon.
Four ticket types are available:
- Earlybird Discounted General Admission - £15 (limited discounted tickets available) - Discounted entry to the event from 12pm and access to try all of the wines 'on taste'.
- General Admission - £17.50 - Entry to the event from 12pm and access to try all of the wines 'on taste'.
- VIP Brunch - £25 - Join us from 11am to enjoy a delicious brunch of toast, croissants and preserves and Muesli and fruit pots, all served with a choice of tea and coffee and a glass of English bubbly to give your day a sparkling start! Ticket includes entry and access to try all the wines 'on taste'.
- VIP Lunch - £35 - After enjoying some delicious glasses of wine in the venue, sate your hunger with a fantastic lunch in Bistro Du Vin! Served between 1pm and 3pm, enjoy a choice of salads, pies, beef bourguignon, pomme purée, tuna skewers, soy, ginger and chilli dip, tomato & bocconcini skewers and a selection of mini Desserts. Ticket includes entry and access to try all the wines 'on taste'.
For full details of vineyards, masterclasses and venues taking place in the English Wine Takeover, stay tuned to our Facebook event.
- Tickets are for over 18's only
- Tickets are sent in e-ticket format. Please bring a print out of these or have them ready on your phone/tablet for scanning on the day.
- Tickets are non-transferable or refundable