Actions and Detail Panel
Enhancing the effectiveness of middle leaders to drive school improvement (...
Thu 2 February 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
Enhancing the effectiveness of middle leaders to drive school improvement
This course will enable participants to explore key aspects of the role of middle leadership including data analysis, lesson observation, and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- To examine and raise awareness of leadership roles and responsibilities;
- To explore the unique challenges being a middle leader presents;
- To become aware of the latest requirements in revised inspection frameworks to identify what Ofsted wants to see from a middle leader – to produce the correct evidence, recognise best practice and take responsibility for school improvement;
- To explore the importance of self-evaluation and school-improvement planning using the inspection framework as a starting point;
- Through lesson observation, to look at practical considerations when evaluating teaching across school;
- To evaluate provision about pupil outcomes, the curriculum, quality of teaching and learning, and leadership and management;
- To develop the basic data-handling skills used to monitor and evaluate attainment, progress and achievement within your phase/subject;
- To develop a strategy for ‘difficult’ conversations with colleagues.
Suitable for current middle leaders and those showing potential
Wednesday 2nd November 2016, Tuesday 6th December 2016, Thursday 2nd February 2017
L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, 5a The Ropewalk, Nottingham NG1 5DU
Course Leader – Paul Longdon
£400 for L.E.A.D. TSA members (£350 additional place)
£500 for non-TSA members (£450 additional place)