Enter and View training for Healthwatch Dudley volunteers
Broken down into two evening sessions:
Monday 1st September 6pm – 8.30pm
Monday 22nd September 6pm – 8.30pm
Who is the training for?
People with a friendly approach who are already - or who would like to become Healthwatch Dudley volunteers and:
- Have a strong interest in improving health or social care services in Dudley borough.
- Can show empathy, with good communication and active listening skills.
- Have an ability to gather evidence-based information that is not loaded with personal opinion.
- Understand the importance of not discriminating and being non-judgmental.
What is Enter and View?
- Healthwatch Dudley has the power to access public / communal areas in any publicly funded health or social setting. This could include:
- Residential care or nursing homes
- Disability day centres
- Doctor and dentist waiting rooms
- Hospital accident and emergency departments
- Enter and View gives us the opportunity to listen to views of the public, patients, carers and relatives who access local health and social care services.
- The information you will be asked to gather could range from finding out about what care home residents think about meals and activities, to listening to patients experiences of hospital wards. The factual information gathered will be shared with key decision makers to improve local services for everyone.
Training will cover:
- An introduction to Healthwatch and Enter and View
- The role, qualities and values of an authorised Enter and View representative
- What is excellence in health and social care?
- An introduction to safeguarding and dignity in care
- Important skills for other Healthwatch Dudley volunteer roles
You can expect on the evening:
- A warm welcome
- The chance to meet other Healthwatch Dudley volunteers
- A comfortable, accessible venue
- A light buffet from 5.30pm and refreshments throughout the session
- A chance to ask questions and to find out if this is the right role for you
Your trainers will be:
- Sarah Roper – Dudley MBC Safeguarding Team
- Rob Dalziel – Healthwatch Dudley
- Melissa Guest – Healthwatch Dudley
I would like to attend but cannot attend both sessions:
Please contact us and we can look at what arrangements we can make.
I am very interested but I am not an exisiting Healthwatch Dudley Volunteer:
We would love to hear from you. Please contact us before regestering for an informal chat about what interests you about this opportunity.
How do I book?
Book through this site, call Healthwatch Dudley on 01384 267427 or email email@example.com
If you would like to attend but are not an existing Healthwatch Dudley Volunteer, you will be asked to complete an application process before being considered.
For an informal chat about the training, please contact Rob or Melissa on the above number.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be provided on request.