Actions and Detail Panel
Episode IX: Earth Day
Wed 19 April 2017, 18:30 – 21:00 BST
Say goodbye to the dark days and long nights, put a spring in your step and root yourself back to the earth.
Join us at our next event to help mark Earth Day where we'll be raising funds for a bunch of kick-ass environmental activist lawyers. In a time where global warming is being mocked as make-believe by some of the most powerful leaders on the planet, come together and remember what it really is to be a yogi. Use your intention for good. Understand that our actions have consequence - it's no good pretending they don't. Whilst we're all about celebrating life after death here, when it comes to the planet, we'd rather not have to witness that.
Plants are the earth's lungs - let's keep 'em breathing.
Come together, move together, sweat, fly and die together. Give up your energy to a higher cause.
£20 limited number of early Dead Yogis tickets available, £25 thereafter. All profits go towards saving the planet.
THE CHARITY - Profits all get donated to Client Earth - see website for information.
THE PRACTICE - Rocket: a sweaty, dynamic flow based on the Ashtanga system. We'll be led through a relay practice by four of London's best Rocket yoga teachers. We're incredibly lucky to have an sound bath with a difference this time. Fabio Garces of Sonic Enchancement will be providing the sound - you're in for a treat.
TIME - doors open at 6:15pm, practice starts at 6.30pm. We aim to finish by 8:45/9pm ish.
MATS - we do provide some mats, but if you would prefer to bring your own, please do!
CHANGING ROOMS - there are changing rooms, but no showers
WEAR - whatever you can stretch and get sweaty in. It's not a catwalk.
We will have the usual 'Poncey Water' on hand to rehydrate you afterwards, but please remember to bring water if you require it during the practice :)
The small print...
All profits are donated Client Earth
By purchasing a ticket and attending the DYS event, you are agreeing to the terms set out below. We would usually get you to sign this waiver at the beginning of the class, but to save time when you get there...
- I am participating voluntarily in a class or workshop offered by The Dead Yogis Society. I recognise that yoga requires physical exertion that may be strenuous and cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition that would prevent my full participation and I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program. That said, I came here to fully commit to the death of my ego.
- I understand that I may receive physical assists or adjustments to enhance or correct my body posture during class by either the teacher or an assistant in class. I will take accountability for alerting the teacher and assistant of any injury or impairment in advance before the class begins or if I do not want to receive any assists.
- I understand that photos may be taken of the class and used by The Dead Yogis Society.
- I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against The Dead Yogis Society and its individual teachers for injury, damages or death that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program.
- I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release waive, discharge and covenant not to sue for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
- I agree that The Dead Yogis Society is in no way responsible for the loss or damage of any of my belongings while I attend class. Except my ego.
Please note that tickets are non-refundable