Presence not Presents
For our Christmas special we'll be interrupting 'silly season' to ask you to give the gift of presence.
Christmas. A time when everyone goes a bit overboard, forgets all about aparigraha (non-coveting) and looks forward to weeks of celebration, culminating in the ultimate indulgence - Christmas Day. The last of any good habits we've managed to retain for the year get forgotten about because we can pick them up again come January in the form of a 'New Year's Resolution'.
But not this year. Join us in the Crypt, where we continue to focus on the yoga of action – karma yoga. Give up your energy and dedicate your practice to the benefit of others.
This time we raise funds for The Spitalfields Crypt Trust – a charity who have been supporting the homeless, as well as people recovering from addiction for the last 50 years, by helping them to get clean and sober, develop self-respect and hope for a much better future. The best thing about supporting this particular charity? They're a small East London based charity where your donations will make the world of difference to someone's Christmas.
Come together, breathe together, sweat, fly and die together. With a bit of tinsel on.
£20 limited number of early Dead Yogis tickets available, £25 thereafter. All profits go towards helping those in need.
Christmas hats and festive cheer encouraged.
THE CHARITY - Profits all get donated to Spitalfields Crypt Trust - see website for information.
THE PRACTICE - Rocket: a sweaty, dynamic flow based on the Ashtanga system. We'll be led through a relay practice by four of London's best Rocket yoga teachers. Practice will be accompanied by Cherub and Tim's (Insta: cherub_soundmind) magical sound journey of life and death. Expect gongs and a whole lot more.
TIME - doors open at 6:15pm, practice starts at 6.30pm. We aim to finish by 8:45/9pm ish.
MATS - we do provide some mats, but if you would prefer to bring your own, please do!
CHANGING ROOMS - there are changing rooms, but no showers
WEAR - whatever you can stretch and get sweaty in. It's not a catwalk.
We will have the usual 'Poncey Water' on hand to rehydrate you afterwards, but please remember to bring water if you require it during the practice :)
The small print...
All profits are donated to The Spitalfields Crypt Trust.
By purchasing a ticket and attending the DYS event, you are agreeing to the terms set out below. We would usually get you to sign this waiver at the beginning of the class, but to save time when you get there...
- I am participating voluntarily in a class or workshop offered by The Dead Yogis Society. I recognise that yoga requires physical exertion that may be strenuous and cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition that would prevent my full participation and I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program. That said, I came here to fully commit to the death of my ego.
- I understand that I may receive physical assists or adjustments to enhance or correct my body posture during class by either the teacher or an assistant in class. I will take accountability for alerting the teacher and assistant of any injury or impairment in advance before the class begins or if I do not want to receive any assists.
- I understand that photos may be taken of the class and used by The Dead Yogis Society.
- I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against The Dead Yogis Society and its individual teachers for injury, damages or death that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program.
- I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release waive, discharge and covenant not to sue for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
- I agree that The Dead Yogis Society is in no way responsible for the loss or damage of any of my belongings while I attend class. Except my ego.
Please note that tickets are non-refundable
When & Where
The Dead Yogis Society
The Dead Yogis Society is a bunch of people getting together for an experience. We don't care if you've never done yoga before, or if you can float from graceful arm-balance to arm balance. We don't care if you're vacuum-packed in designer yoga gear, or in your vest 'n' pants. No one's looking, and it'll be too dark to see anyway.
We're trying to strip back to the core of yoga - to breathe, sweat, fly, laugh and die together. For charity.