Designed for: All social care staff working with adults
- Understand equality and diversity issues that relate to individuals using Social Care and Social Work services
- Recognise and respond to discrimination on grounds of age; race; culture; gender; sex; sexual orientation; religion and disability-related harassment
- Have explored the role of the Equality and Human Right Commission
- Explain the legal and policy context relating to equality and diversity
- Evaluate their roles and responsibilities in relation to Equality and Diversity through the National Care Standards and SSSC Codes of Practice
- Promote and apply anti-discriminatory practice at all level of working
Staff learning forms
Policy & Legislation:
Social & Spiritual Care Policy
Equality & Diversity Policy
National Care Standards
SSSC Codes of Practice
The Equality Act 2010
Equality and Human Rights Commission
Hidden in plain sight: Inquiry into disability-related harassment
- Managing relationships: empowering people; working in partnership; leadership; empathy; dealing with conflict.
- Managing self: professional autonomy; lifelong learning; flexibility; confidence; resilience; awareness of impact on others; Awareness of wider context.
When & Where
Frederick Street Training Centre
65 Frederick Street
AB24 5HY Aberdeen
Bon Accord Care Learning and Development Team
Learning & Development
Our experienced and expert team have a unique understanding of the health and social care sector to provide quality training that is timely, value for money, easily accessible and meets a range of different learning styles to ensure a skilled workforce, aligned to your business requirements.
Bespoke Training Solutions
Our skilled and experienced team will work with you to understand your unique development needs and define your goals before setting about creating a training programme that is tailored to suit you. We believe that a blended learning approach is best, using E-learning and classroom based or face-to-face training to offer you a complete and effective learning experience.
By investing in skills development of your team you can expect to drive longer term, sustainable change to motivate and retain the best talent and raise standards of service provision; we are here to help you get there.
Need to train employees in various locations at their own pace? Our E-learning courses can be deployed via your own learning management system (LMS), CD-ROMs or hosted on your own website; offering the same learning with less time in the classroom, and more time gaining the practical skills on a face to face workshop.
With a comprehensive library of courses to choose from, such as Food Hygiene, Infection Control, we will work with you to design relevant training that suits your employee's needs, your company culture and your business goals.
If you have any questions about any of the courses we run, please contact us on 01224 627825 or email us at LandD@bonaccordcare.org.