Actions and Detail Panel
Equality and Diversity Training for Chaplaincy - Sheffield
Tue 28 March 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Training Objective: To support chaplaincy services to:
- Deliver services that promote equality and diversity.
- Ensure equal access to high quality care for the population served.
- Create plans to support service development, local policy development and recruitment.
Purpose of training: NHS chaplaincy in England has evolved considerably in recent years, largely in response to changing patient needs and increasing diversity of the population. Chaplaincy teams now often include people from a range of faiths and beliefs, including non-religious care providers. The NHS England Chaplaincy 2015 guidelines acknowledged that: ‘Where requests for support relate to a particular religion or belief the chaplaincy service should be able to access appropriate support for the patient or service user and, when this cannot be matched, other chaplaincy support should be offered.’ Recognising the need for likeminded care, chaplaincy teams are developing their model of delivery to increase the choice available to patients, carers and staff.
When chaplaincy teams are more diverse the take up of the service increases, and so chaplaincy services will need to continue to evolve to best meet the needs of the people they serve, and to continue to provide high quality care for all.
This one-day training course will support chaplaincy services to complete a thorough equality assessment and apply this to all aspects of service development.
• Catherine Thompson, Experience of Care Lead, NHS England
• Ranjit Senghera, Equality and Health Inequalities Unit, NHS England
• Tim Couchman, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Lead, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
• Simon O'Donoghue, Head of Pastoral Support, The Non-Religious Pastoral Support Network
• Revd. Debbie Hodge, Chief Officer, Network for Pastoral, Spiritual and Religious Care in Health
These events are free of charge.
Please feel free to circulate this information to your network.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All food and drink will be provided. The organisers are happy to cater for specific dietary requirements. Please specify your requirements.
The organisers have requested that NO FOOD AND DRINK ARE BROUGHT INTO BOTH SYNAGOGUES as all the food and drink consumed on the premises MUST BE STRICTLY KOSHER.