Actions and Detail Panel
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Awareness Training for Business
Thu 27 April 2017, 13:00 – 16:00 BST
This essential training is recommended for anyone in business who wants to:
- Safeguard themselves against Litigation & Complaints
- Learn more about an ever changing landscape of Equality & Diversity
- Actively start to promote Equality, Diversity & inclusion in their business
This 1/2 day course will cover:
- The Equality Act 2010 - What do you need to know.
- The 9 protected characterisitics - What are they, and Why do you need to be aware of them
- Discriminsation, Harrasment & Victimisation - Definitions and examples
- Hate Crime - What is it and how to deal with it
- Concepts of Gender & gender identification - Learn why you need to know
- Language & Terminology - Origins and what could be deemed as offensive
- Beliefs, morals and attitudes -How these influence behaviour in the work place and in society
- Positive Action - What is this?
- Litigation - How to reduce the risks to your business
- Moving forward - What can you do to promote Eqaulity, Diversity & inclusion in your business
This engaging and interesting training will include individual and group participation exercises.
There will be a de-briefing at the end, together with time to ask questions, and to give feedback.