Actions and Detail Panel
ERA Autumn Conference & Networking Event
Tue 1 November 2016, 13:30 – 19:00 GMT
ERA AUTUMN CONFERENCE & NETWORKING EVENT
2.00pm Welcome by ERA Joint Chairman – Mark Senior
2.15pm Martin Lee – Head of Recruitment Services EMEA & APAC – Brain Gain Recruiting
“Boolean & Google”
Martin has almost 20 years experience in recruitment, starting in an IT contract agency. He worked as a hands on recruiter sourcing for hard to find skills for almost 12 years. He then headed the delivery of two recruitment research companies where the remit was always “find everybody”.
Before joining Brain Gain he was VP, Head of Sourcing & Research EMEA & APAC at Kelly Services where he oversaw all sourcing and candidate engagement strategies. He understands the differences in recruiting across different countries and remains a hands on sourcer whilst consulting with Brain Gains customers on best practices.
3.00pm Refreshments & comfort break
3.15pm Roundtable discussions Groups 1 & 2
Roundtable discussion group 1
Facilitated by Liz Shay – The Miles Partnership & Sarah Thewlis – Thewlis Graham Associates
Recommended attendance for in House Research Teams and Search Companies
Overview: Is it a candidate’s market? How do we attract/approach/get the attention/retain the interest of the “busy” candidate?
- How do you your keep your service level consistent through the whole process?
- Who owns what in your process? Who owns candidate liaison
- How do you prepare your client for a search process?
- How do you prepare your candidate
- How do you track the search process?
- What is the impact of technology - has automation ruined the candidate experience (LinkedIn, emailing, lack of personal contact)?
- What technology do you find most useful?
- Is the word database outdated in favour of CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- How important is training and performance management? What measures do you put in place to ensure best practice is maintained to ensure a positive candidate experience?
- How important are MIS (management information systems) to your business? How do you use it?
- How do you keep candidates interested during a (sometimes) long headhunting process?
- Do you do 360 degree feedback? How do you feed that back to/incorporate it into your business ?
- What can be the key pitfalls in a search process which can affect the candidate experience and how can they be avoided?
- What is the impact of a negative candidate experience?
- What are the benefits to all of a good candidate experience?
- What do you think that your candidates say about your company “candidate management”?
- What do you think that your clients say about your company “candidate management”?
- How can the ERA help you?
- What training options (by the ERA) could be provided to help improve the candidate experience?
- How do we summarise today?
Roundtable discussion group 2
Facilitated by Carol O'Driscoll - Archer Search
Recommended attendance for independent or freelance researchers and firms providing research
- Building on the topics discussed at the April 2016 Conference
- Exploring what it means to be a freelancer
- What can we share from our experiences
- What is new and of value to you
- How can the ERA help you grow and develop
4.15pm Katrina Collier – Chief Searchologist at The Searchologist
“Finding new recruits online is easy; getting their response is an art!”
The explosion of social media has enabled companies direct access to people like never before and in 2016 using social media for recruiting is not a new concept. But with the explosion came the noise and recruiters must work smarter if they want to engage & attract candidates to their roles.
– Discover tools that you can use to map across social networks to improve candidate engagement.
– See real examples of companies who are getting it wrong (and why) and learn from those who are getting it right.
– Simple steps that you can implement immediately to maximise your return on social recruiting
Chief Searchologist, Katrina Collier, has been showing SMEs to Corporates around the globe how to source their staff on social media since 2009; using knowledge gained from over a decade of in-house and third party recruitment and social recruiting experience. London UK based, Katrina is a social recruiting specialist; a global trainer and speaker, sharing proven techniques that are always outside of the box.
Katrina is one of The 100 Most Influential People in HR & Recruiting on Twitter and her social recruiting opinion is quoted in HRReview, SHRM, The Staffing Stream, and Cambridge University’s Strategies for Success. She is a regular HR & Recruitment keynote speaker, recently at SourceCon, SOSU Sourcing Summits in Australia, New Zealand, Europe & Asia, Social Recruiting Strategies Conference in San Francisco & Dallas, TMA’s Talent Acquisition Summit, In-House & Recruitment Agency Expos, RecruitDC, and to the Singapore Government.
5.00pm Networking event – Drinks reception
7.00pm Event ends