San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
European Regional Development Funding in the D2N2 LEP area
Information on how organisations could access £5.8million in European funding for projects to promoting climate change adaption and preserving and protecting the environment will be given at events run by the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership.
D2N2 – which promotes economic growth, jobs creation, skills and training in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire – is running the events for organisations keen to bid for funding through the European Structural Investment Funds (ESIF).
The £5.8m for the D2N2 area includes:
- £3m for projects promoting climate change adaptation, risk prevention and management in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire with a particular focus on the Lower Derwent (Derby). Deadline for project submissions is Friday 27 of May 2016.
- £2.8m for projects focused on preserving and protecting the environment and promoting resource efficiency in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Deadline for project submissions is Friday 27 of May 2016.
- Proposals should be for a minimum of £500,000 ERDF Grant
- Applicants will need to have eligible match funding for the balance of costs which must be from a source other than the European Union
To assist organisations wishing to bid for the funding – which is part of a total ESIF package of £214m, to be spent in the D2N2 area between now and 2020, to tackle a range of issues – D2N2 officers are holding 2 information surgeries.
These surgeries will be held on:
- Wednesday 11 May 2016 from 10 am to 2.30pm – At the Enterprise Centre, University of Derby, Bridge Street, Derby, DE1 3LD
- Thursday 12 May from 10 am to 2.30pm – At Mansfield i-Centre, Oakham Business Park, Hamilton Way, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5BR
Each event will include information on the strategic priorities for the ESIF programme in D2N2, an overview of the kinds of projects D2N2 expects to be looking at for the area and workshops, giving organisations the opportunity to network and discuss bids.
25 spaces will be available at each surgery. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis
When & Where
D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership
D2N2 is the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) for Derby, Derbyshire (D2), Nottingham and Nottinghamshire (N2).
Local Enterprise Partnerships are locally-owned partnerships between local authorities and businesses. They play a central role in deciding local economic priorities and undertaking activities to drive economic growth and create local jobs.
D2N2 is one of the largest LEPs in England covering an area with a population of over two million people and economic output of around £42.9billion.
Our vision is a more prosperous, better connected, and increasingly resilient and competitive economy.
Our purpose is to support and encourage economic growth in D2N2.
Our ambition is to be one of the most respected LEPs, known for our professionalism and effectiveness.