Join us for a panel discussion, Q&A and drinks. We’ll be talking about how the world of work is changing and what this means for you & your career.
You’ll hear our panel of escapees talk about how they:
- Built a self-directed portfolio/freelance career
- Transitioned from a corporate job into a more socially impactful career
- Broke into the world of entrepreneurship & start-ups
- Hustled within their own organisation and found their dream role internally
Who is this for?
- Opportunity seekers: listen to stories of people who are redefining their work, explore new and old ways of working
- Community lovers: build your network
- Advice hunters: practical tips to help you land a new job
Why should you attend?
- Get to know like-minded people from our awesome community
- Be inspired by real life Escape stories – find out how they did it and how you can apply this to your own position
- Come and discuss the future of work, what it means for you.
What you can expect?
18.30 – 19.30 – Welcome drinks – get to meet the Escape team and mingle with the community
18.45 – 19.15 – Exclusive, intimate Workshop with the Escape Team:
Landing your next opportunity (optional and only limited places)
19.15 – 20.15 – Panel Discussion and Q&A
More about the panel:
Georgie was formerly an accountant for PwC, she is an OnPurpose Fellow 2016 and now heads up Strategy & Operations at B Lab UK. Georgie wanted to pursure a career that put purpose before profit and is interested in sharing her journey with anyone considering a more meaningful path.
Shara has worked internationally across marketing roles in fitness & wellness, hospitality, retail & technology sectors. In recent years, she has specialised consulting for B2C startups & more recently contracting for Facebook and Instagram. Shara previously ran a fitness tech startup which did not succeed and is now using the knowledge learnt & passion for health and fitness to focus on growing her new startup: DOSE – London’s answer to health and hedonism
Georgie is the Diversity & Social Mobility Lead for My Kinda Future. Georgie joined the business as a Campaign Manager but realised that her real passion was in Diversity. She scheduled a meeting with her Director and put forward a busines case to renegotiate and create a new role within the business. She's here to share how she started the conversation to land herself the role she really wanted.
Sam's mission is for less people to fall into their careers and rather actively choose what they want their future to look like based on sharing knowledge and understanding about the different types of roles available in the tech space. To try and achieve this mission she works with a variety of communities within London, helping organise and host events and presentations with a focus on developing talent and mentoring for everyone from students to CTOs. When she's not doing that she is the Head of Community at YunoJuno making sure the freelancer voice is heard! She occasionally sleeps :)
20.15 -21.00 – Drinks and chats – it is Thursday after all!