Teaming Up in the Middle: How do business and nonprofits jointly create social impact?
9am - 6pm, Brussels, Belgium
We are happy to inform you of the detailed program of the conference, with interesting keynote speakers and challenging panels in the workshops. We are convinced this program will allow us to jointly learn by comparing the models and techniques presented in the cases with those used internationally.
8:30am - 9:00am Registration
9:00am - 9:30am Introduction to the conference - Marleen Denef ESELA Board Member, Professor at KU Leuven and Partner at Curia
9:30am - 10:30am Teaming Up for International Development - workshop host Marleen Denef ESELA Board Member, Professor at KU Leuven and Partner at Curia
- Case study - Oliver van den Eynde CEO, Close the Gap NGO
- Feedback reflection from a business angle - Luc Bonte Chairman, Entrepreneurs for Entrepreneurs
- Insights from a legal expert - Roxana Damaschin, CEE Regional Director, NESsT
10:30am - 11:00am Coffee break
11:00am - 12:00pm Teaming Up for Social Welfare - workshop host Marleen Denef ESELA Board Member, Professor at KU Leuven and Partner at Curia
- Case study - Wim Bijnens CEO, Inclusie Invest
- Feedback reflection from a policy angle - Hendrik Delaruelle Secretary general, Flemish Federation of Welfare Employers
- Insights from a legal expert - Alissa Peletan, AMP Avocat
12:15pm - 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm - 1:30pm European Policy on Social Enterprise - Patrick Klein European Commission, DG Grow
1:30pm - 2:00pm The Importance of Teaming Up in the Middle from a Policy Angle - Jo Vandeurzen Minister of Social Welfare, Belgium-Flanders
2:00pm - 3:00pm Teaming Up with Alternative Finance - workshop host Yvette Verleisdonk Senior Counsel, Curia
- Case study: Social Impact Bonds in Belgium - Ian De Wae VDAB
- Feedback reflection - Maha Keramane BNP Paribas France
- Insights from a social impact bond expert - Jim Clifford OBE Partner, Bates Wells Braithwaite
3:00pm - 3:30pm Coffee break
3:30pm - 4:30pm Teaming Up with Social Funds - workshop host Yvette Verleisdonk Senior Counsel, Curia
- Case study: SI2 Fund - Piet Colruyt
- Feedback reflection - Loïc Dec Cannière Incofin Investment Management
- Insights from a legal expert - Anne Contreras Of Counsel, Arendt & Medernach
4:30pm - 5:00pm Development of a Non-Profit Sector and Social Enterprise in Eastern Europe - Katerina Hadzi-Miceva Evans European Centre for Not-for-Profit Law
5:00pm - 5:15pm Closing remarks - Luke Fletcher ESELA Chair, Partner at Bates Wells Braithwaite
Please note: there are a limited number of tickets available for each category. Please select the appropriate ticket type for your organisation.
If you are looking for accommodation for the conference, you are able to get a discounted rate at the Hilton Brussel Grand Palace.
With no reservation charges and a discounted rate from 199.00 EUR/night:
50 rooms reserved until 27 February
after 27 February, only 25 rooms reserved until 27 March
between 27 March - 12 April, there will be 12 rooms reserved.
This event is kindly hosted by KU Leuven
Date and Time
University of KU Leuven - Campus Brussels
Auditorium 2215, 2nd Floor