Learn the fundamentals of effective marketing in the digital age in this fast-track session with digital media expert Neil Perkin.
Join digital media expert Neil Perkin for a masterclass on the essential principles, techniques and practices for effective digital marketing.
Neil will cover search engine optimisation, paid search marketing, online display, social media and email. You will learn best-in-class techniques for driving awareness, and acquiring, converting and retaining customers using digital channels.
Combining theory with practical examples and advice, group exercises and discussion in a fast-paced, interactive environment, this class is suitable for a basic to intermediate level of knowledge of digital marketing.
- Digital marketing fundamentals: key frameworks for understanding the digital media ecosystem, effective digital marketing planning and channel selection
- Content marketing and social: using content to acquire, engage and convert customers, optimising your social media presence, capitalising on paid social formats
- Display advertising online: display targeting and optimisation, aligning activity to objective
- Search marketing: search engine optimisation, how search engines rank content, using paid search
- Integration and measurement: understanding integrated approaches, combining online with offline activity, a framework for understanding key measures of success
Neil Perkin is founder of digital media and marketing consultancy Only Dead Fish. His upcoming book on organisational agility and digital transformation, Building The Agile Business, is published by Kogan Page in April 2017. He is a regular keynote speaker on digital strategy and has been named one of the most influential people in the UK digital industry by the British Interactive Media Association for the past two years. Neil is the co-creator of the Fraggl Twitter curation app.
Save This Event
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.