This course is aimed at Executive Committee members and aims to provide them with the essential information needed to get started in their role.
- Purpose, Values and Method of The Scout Association (the Fundamentals of Scouting)
- Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR)
- The Scout Association’s Child Protection Policy and your role in protecting young people from harm
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- The Safety Policy and your role in keeping Scouting safe
- Support available to help you in your Scouting role
- Primary functions and responsibilities of the Executive Committee
- The rules and practices that govern the actions of charity trustees in Scouting
- The purpose and structure of an Annual General Meeting
Dress code: Confortable clothing - uniform is not required.
Bring: A notepad and pen
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Course delivered by: Sally Holmes