Actions and Detail Panel
Essential Information (Module 1) in Crawley
Sun 21 May 2017, 09:00 – 12:30 BST
This course covers the mandatory learning for all new and returning adults in Scouting and is an introduction to the specific Scouting view of current information on:
- Purpose, Values and Method of The Scout Association (the Fundamentals of Scouting)
- Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR)
- The Scout Association’s Child Protection Policy and your role in protecting young people from harm
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- The Safety Policy and your role in keeping Scouting safe
- Support available to help you in your Scouting role
Please note that there is now a specific course available for Trustees and Active Support if you are not directly involved working with children on a regular basis.
Dress code: Confortable clothing - uniform is not required.
Lunch: Is provided for anyone spending the day, attending Module 3 in the afternoon. So, please let me know if you are staying and if you have any special dietary needs. Please book the Module 3 separately. NB there will be a £5 charge for candidates from outside of Crawley District.
Please advise your LTM/TA of your plan to attend as this system does not advise them.
No preparation required although registering to use Compass would be an advantage.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Course delivered by: Chris Hobbs, Local Training Manager, Crawley District. 01444 871651