A one-day training workshop on the fundamentals of research management for new research administrators and research managers.
Who's it for?
New research managers and grant administrators working at AMRC member charities and for research staff at charities new to AMRC. This workshop may be booked with the following day's masterclass on Advanced research management.
What we'll cover
- Awarding grants - the AMRC principles of peer review How medical research charities make those principles work in their organisations
- Involving patients and the public in peer review
- Managing grants and monitoring progress
- Methods of evaluating the impact of research
- You’ll also get a chance to meet others working in your field, and become part of our network of research managers and administrators.
- You will gain a good understanding of the core principles and stages of research management at AMRC member charities.
- You will learn from speakers from member charities how those principles work in practice so that you can gain practical advice on issues relating to research management.
- You will have the opportunity to network with people working at other charities and with AMRC staff.
- You can request a refund though your Eventbrite account.
- Credit cannot be transferred between events, you may cancel and book on a different event.
- If you cancel more than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a partial refund and charge you £50.
- Please note, if the order was placed more than six months ago, your card details will no longer be stored with Eventbrite. AMRC can issue an offline refund, which will incur an admin fee of £50.
Save This Event
When & Where
Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC)
AMRC is the national membership organisation of leading medical and health research charities.