Essential Skills for the Administrative Assistant
An interactive course that is suitable for anyone who is working as an administrative assistant, applying for an administrative role or considering a career in administration. This course will guide you through the skills you need for this demanding and challenging role.
Almost every kind of company and organisation in the UK employs administrative assistants and the skills required are numerous. The administrator needs to be organised and be able to multi-task, often working for several people simultaneously. You could work for a small business or a large organisation where in the future you could be promoted to office manager, secretary, supervisor or PA.
- The typical duties of an office administrator
- Communicating information and the importance of keeping others informed
- Presenting information clearly and accurately
- Planning work and managing priorities
- Problems and how to overcome them
- Stress management and how to cope with pressure
- Time management techniques
- Handling interruptions and being assertive
- Responding to change
- Personal productivity and improving your own work
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the administrative assistant
- Communicate information effectively and present information clearly
- Plan workloads and manage priorities
- Overcome common problems and cope with pressure
- Handle interruptions and be assertive
- Respond to change
- Understand how to improve own work to enhance career opportunities
The course includes handouts, worksheets, and other useful materials. On completion, delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Hot and cold drinks and snacks will be provided throughout the day and lunch will also be included. Please let me know if you have any special dietary requirements.
If you require any further information regarding this course, please contact me and I will be happy to answer any queries you may have.
Cancellation Policy for Courses and Events
Information about our cancellation and refund policy for Liz Ashton Training events and courses can be found at http://www.lizashtontraining.co.uk