Actions and Detail Panel
Etched lino and linocut workshop
Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 10:30 – Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 16:30 BST
Etched Lino and Linocut Workshop
Tutor: Steve Edwards
- Steve will show his work, show demo blocks that he has prepared to explain the stop-out method and the painting directly onto the plate method.
- Steve will look at attendees images, and talk about ways of working with them, how to transfer onto lino and/or separate elements.
- Explain the caustic etch in detail and start to prepate plates (both cut and etch)
- Etched plate stop-out and drying / cutting of block
- Demo mixing caustic and application
- Clean off caustic and stop-out and leave to dry
- Final cutting/editing/proofing of the individual blocks
- Demo registration
About Etched Lino and Linocut
Linocut is a popular printmaking technique which can easily be practised at home with very little equipment. It is very versatile, allowing for both bold, expressive marks and controlled detail. By varying the way the block is inked and printed a variety of textures can be created. Etching lino gives a totally new way to create images on the block, from fluid brush marks to rich textures.
About the Tutor
You can see examples of Steve's work utilising the etched lino effects at: www.steveedwardsart.com
This workshop is suitable for those with some linocut experience. The workshop is limited to 6 participants.
All materials will be provided but you may want to bring a sketchbook/notebook. You will be given a protective apron to wear but we advise you not to wear your best clothes, just in case!
The workshop runs from 10.30am to 4.30pm, Saturday to Sunday, with an hour break for lunch. Please aim to arrive at 10.15am on Saturday so we can start on time.
All bookings are final and we cannot offer a refund, except in exceptional circumstances.
At the moment we can only offer workshops to over-18s
For more information about Hello Print Studio and Margate, including how to get here and where to stay, visit www.helloprintstudio.com or call Nick on 07779 300275