Primary External Course.
Title of course: EU Code Week in the Primary School.
Who should attend?
Teachers FS, KS1 & 2.
As part of EU Code Week we will hold an exciting, practical, hands on session for teachers who are interested in delivering coding and programming activities throughout the curriculum in the classroom. Developing coding and programming skills in children is important as new and innovative technologies become more engrained in children’s everyday lives. It is important that we give children the opportunities to develop these skills through cross curricular opportunities in the classroom.
- Become aware of what coding and programming is and how the language of programming links to TS&PC from the NI Curriculum.
- Gain confidence in using coding and programming apps in the classroom.
- Understand the importance of visual programming as a stimulus for high quality teaching and learning in Literacy, Numeracy and W.A.U.
- Gain knowledge of how to program objects such as drones for use in class based activities across the curriculum.
- Course duration 10am-3pm.
- Max participants: 100.
- Essential Apps: Latest versions of Hopscotch, Scratch Jr, Tickle, Move the Turtle, Daisy the Dino, Pyonkee.
- A fully charged iPad with up to date iOS software.
- Knowledge of school Apple ID and password.