Actions and Detail Panel
EU Funding Information Day
Wed 10 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
Join us for an information day of EU funding opportunities open to creative and cultural organisations, and a chance to network with other professionals interested in developing European and international projects and activity.
The UK, including Scotland, is still fully eligible to apply for EU funding opportunities while we remain a member of the European Union, and this event aims to help develop a better understanding of opportunities for creative and cultural organisations within these programmes.
Meet contact points for Creative Europe, Erasmus+, Interreg, Horizon 2020 and Europe for Citizens, get an overview of how each programme works and the types of projects and partnerships they support, and hear from some case studies of creative and cultural organisations running EU supported projects.
09:30-10:00 Arrival and refreshment
10:00-12:30 Morning session
Welcome and introduction from Clive Gillman, Director of Creative Industries
Short 5 minute overviews of each EU funding programme from contact points
- Kate Deans, Culture sub-programme specialist, Creative Europe Desk UK
- Ben Taylor, MEDIA sub-programme specialist, Creative Europe Desk UK
- Michael Trueman , Erasmus + UK National Agency
- Richard Buxbaum, Horizon 2020 contact point at Scottish Enterprise
- Filippo Compagni, Interreg contact point at the Department for Communities and Local Government
- Geoffrey Brown, EU funding consultand, Euclid, and Europe for Citizens specialist
Followed by a number of 15 minute project case studies.
- Andy Brydon, Curated Place, works with partners in Iceland, Norway, Italy and beyond, and is involved in two Creative Europe supported Cooperation Projects, Moving Classics and ENLIGHT
- Rebecca Day, Scottish Documentary Institute, partner in Moving Docs, a Creative Europe supported Audience Development project with other partners in Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, and Sweden
- Peter Hussey, Crooked House and Kildare Youth Theatre, has run several Erasmus+ supported activities, exchanges and projects with professionals across Europe including Generator and currently Indigo
- TBC Europe for Citizens case study
- TBC Horizon 2020 case study
12:30-13:30 Lunch and networking
13:30-15:30 Afternoon session
All six EU funding programme contact points will host 4 sets of 30 minute roundtables. This is your opportunity to pick the programmes most relevant to you and get a chance to ask questions and have discussions with both the contact points and beneficiaries.