EU Opportunities & Startup Grants
Are you a highly innovative Startup or SME with a clear commercial ambition and a potential for high growth and internationalization? In this case, the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument might just be your ticket to the Champions League! Find from ECSIF EU experts where to access grants up to 2.4 million EUR to give a strong boost to breakthrough innovation.
The event consists in a 2 hours seminar that will present the available European funds for Startups and SMEs. The main focus will be on the SME Instrument, part of the Horizon 2020 Programme.
- General information about the programme Horizon 2020, SME Instrument; 15 min
- Presentation of the 3 phases of the programme (purpose, sums, durration); 15 min
- Presentation of the SME Instrument topics; 20 min
- Dates for proposal submission on 2016 & 2017; 10 min
- Eligibility of projects and applicants; 10 min
- Examples of succesfull Startups adn SMEs; 15 min
- Where & how to apply? 10 min
- Q & A session at the end of the presentation. 25 min
Who should attend?
The dedicated SME instrument's supports close-to-market activities, with the aim to give a strong boost to breakthrough innovation. Highly innovative Startups & SMEs with a clear commercial ambition and a potential for high growth and internationalisation are the prime target.
About the SME Instrument:
The EU’s SME Instrument (financed from the Horizon 2020) addresses the financing needs of internationally oriented SMEs, in implementing high-risk and high-potential innovation ideas. It aims at supporting projects with a European dimension that lead to major changes in how business (product, processes, services, marketing etc.) is done. Provided with about € 3 billion in funding over the period 2014-2020, the SME Instrument helps high-potential SMEs to develop groundbreaking innovative ideas for products, services or processes that are ready to face global market competition. The objective of SME Instrument is to support around 2000 innovative SMEs in 2016 and 2017 to shape new markets, create growth, and achieve high return on investment on the global market.
Some H2020 SME Instrument topics:
- Open Disruptive Innovation Scheme;
- Accelerating the uptake of nanotechnologies advanced materials or advanced manufacturing and processing technologies by SMEs;
- Engaging SMEs in space research and development;
- Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for sustainable and competitive agriculture, forestry, agri-food and bio-based sectors; Supporting SMEs efforts for the development - deployment and market replication of innovative solutions for blue growth;
- Stimulating the innovation potential of SMEs for a low carbon and efficient energy system;
- Small business innovation research for Transport and Smart Cities Mobility;
- Boosting the potential of small businesses in the areas of climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials;
- New business models for inclusive, innovative and reflective societies;
- Engaging SMEs in security research and development
Dr. Daniel Ioan Dumitrescu
Dr. Diana Valentina Dumitrescu
Msc. Mihaela Victoria Soare