A detailed look at methods of evaluating research portfolios and demonstrating impact.
About this event
Funders need to demonstrate the impact of the research they fund. A number of tools are now available for this, but with so many options, knowing which is right for your project requires detailed knowledge.
In this advanced-level AMRC masterclass, charities and other funders will discuss the analyses they use to demonstrate impact; sharing what has worked, and the challenges they have encountered.
- Understand how charities of all sizes are measuring impact
- Learn about common tools and reports
Who's it for?
Research managers, research information and evaluation specialists, fundraisers and anyone in an AMRC charity or related organisation who is interested in measuring impact.
|10.00am||Welcome||Dr Liz Philpots, head of research, AMRC|
|10.10am||Session 1: Using Researchfish|
|Implementing Researchfish reporting||Mary Robinson, research evaluation manager, Arthritis Research UK|
|Using Researchfish data to talk to trustees||Dr Kiki Syrad, head of grants, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity|
|11.30am||Session 2: Monitoring impact|
|Monitoring outputs and impacts to produce reports||Kevin Dolby, evaluation advisor, Wellcome Trust|
|Assessing research uptake and impact with new article-level metrics||Jean Liu, product development manager, Altmetric|
|1.15pm||Session 3: Retrospective evaluation|
|Retrospective portfolio analysis to communicate impact to the public||Gwen Wathne, science impact manager, Association for International Cancer Research|
|A paradigm shift in research||Prof. James Goodwin, head of research, Age UK|
|Measuring impact in the charity sector: what medical research can learn||Iona Joy, head of charity effectiveness, New Philanthropy Capital|
|Mental health retrosight analysis||Alexandra Pollitt, senior analyst, RAND|
- You can request a refund though your Eventbrite account.
- Credit cannot be transferred between events, you may cancel and book on a different event.
- If you cancel more that 10 working days before the event, we will issue a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a partial refund and charge you £40.
- Please note, if the order was placed more than six months ago, your card details will no longer be stored with Eventbrite. AMRC can issue an offline refund, which will incur an admin fee of £40.
When & Where
Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC)
AMRC is the national membership organisation of leading medical and health research charities.