Event Management for Executive Assistants
Thursday, 7 August 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 (BST)
This practical course provides an opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to plan and run successful events.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
People who are new to organising events and wish to enhance their confidence and organisational skills.
- Understand the planning required to make your events successful
- Prepare schedule and concentrate on the details
- Work with others to deliver the event
- Avoid possible pitfalls and handle the unexpected
- Responsibilities and skills of an effective event organiser
- Working with others – identifying the team
- Life cycle of the event – the main stages
- Defining the objective(s) and scope of the event
- Planning the event – who, what, when, how
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating a Gantt chart to communicate your schedule
- Assessing and reducing the risks
- Developing and using checklists
- Working within a budget and other constraints
- Handling invitations and responses
- Being prepared
- Finding and booking venues – what to look for: seating plans, accommodation, parking, catering, hidden costs, etc.
- Negotiating prices, terms and facilities
- Working with speakers
- Getting the most from the day
- Maintaining control and dealing with difficult situations
- Evaluating the event and reviewing your performance
- Formulating an action plan for your next event
Small group sizes only, book your place in advanced to avoid disappointment!
When & Where
Aspira Training is part of the Aspira Executive PA search consultancy based in London.
Aspira Training is dedicated to providing training for personal assistants and support staff within the financial and investment sector. Our aim is to equip our delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to become indespensible business assets within their organisation.
We provide a range of courses tailored to each deleagte's needs to ensure that they leave with the ability to excel in their current role and deliver exceptional results. We work with industry experienced trainers, who deliver comprehensive and up-to-date courses relevant to current market trends.