Actions and Detail Panel
Event Management Masterclass - Leeds
Tue 21 March 2017, 09:30 – 17:30 GMT
The course provides a tried & tested event management road map to plan & execute professional events is full of content, tricks of the trade, checklists, examples and real life anecdotes from 20 years event management experience.
Complete A-Z Event Process
- What to consider before we start planning
- Event goals & aspirations
- Complete overview of the professional event management process from initiation to completion
- A step by step proven process to organise a successful event
Event Concepts & Imagineering
- The event managers mindset – to imaginer an event and effectively produce that event
- How to build confidence & effective communications with your line manager or boss
- Tried and tested techniques and practices that will give each event the very best chances of success.
- How to tap into your inner creativity, using your senses to enliven your event
- Ensuring event flow & energy
Venue & Subcontractors
- Understanding of how sub-contractors & suppliers interact with the planner and the event
- Venue & supplier suitability overview
- Equality Act 2010 -Event & venue accessibility
- How and when to negotiate with your suppliers
- Venue & contractors negotiations
- Negotiation principles
- Contingency planning
- Contingency Tools
Becoming an Effective Event Manager
- Key points on what is expected from the event manager or director
- Professional electronic & physical administrative filing procedures
- Organising and clarification of the event with all contractors and stakeholders
- Importance of financial accuracy & accountability
- Effective lines of communication
- Illustrating the differences between a manager and assistant
Executing the Event
- An effective insight and road map to execute an event
- Event rehearsals and pre event meetings
- Importance of effective delegation
- Manage don’t do! How to delegate and to whom
- Tips, advice and checklists
Health & Safety
- Why Health & safety is nothing to be frightened of and how it can improve your event and stress levels
- Overview & samples of Method Statements
- Overview & samples of Risk Assessments
- Brief overview of health & safety responsibilities
Pitfalls, successes and avoidable mistakes
- All highlighted by actual event experiences and anecdotes throughout the course
Event Management Masterclass is a full day course suitable for beginners through to intermediate event planners. Our event processes and event insights could save you time and money.
- Beginners will be provided with firm foundations to manage successful events.
- Intermediates with event planning knowledge will be able to sharpen their own event planning experiences with our proven best practices and event insights
EMC Event Courses is a CMP Preferred Provider. The program(s) identified with the CMP Preferred Provider logo meet the requirements to receive continuing education (CE) credit for the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) credential. All qualifying activities also indicate how many CE credits attendees will receive for participating.
Visit https://goo.gl/R0aOTU to learn more.