Actions and Detail Panel
Everything you need to know about being an Executor
Thu 11 May 2017, 11:00 – 13:30 BST
Carrying out the administration of a family member’s or friend’s estate, at a time where emotions are still raw, can be an onerous task. One needs to consider amongst other things
- Tax receipts to HM Revenue & Customs
- Cancelling utilities (where invariably, each wants a death certificate and you only have a handful so the process is extended by an ‘in’ and ‘out’ system)
- In some cases dealing with debtors
- Walking into banks and building societies to transfer funds or close accounts, but only after they have verified your ID in each institution which can be a very time consuming process
- The possibility of potential beneficiaries appearing after you have distributed the estate ~ Do you know who would be liable?
These are all things, that ‘lay’ executors (members of the public who do not carry out the administration of an estate in a professional capacity) have had to experience or have been caught out on.
Some of our Clients have carried out the administration of an estate themselves. Many have remarked that it felt like an additional full time job for a year until it was completed. Other Clients have started the process, but quickly realised that they have not been able to commit the time and have phoned us for assistance.
Casey & Associates firmly believes in sticking to one’s specialism. As Will Writing and Estate Planning practitioners, the administration of an estate falls outside our remit. Therefore, for a number of years now, we have partnered with Kings Court Trust, who specialise solely in estate administration, so that jointly we can offer our Clients and their Executors assistance with estate administration.
Why are we providing this seminar?
Being a lay Executor of an estate can be a worrying prospect for many people. The responsibilities are significant. Casey & Associates and Kings Court Trust have decided to hold this seminar to help inform our Clients and their executors of what is involved in the process. The seminar is free and complimentary refreshments will be served upon your arrival.
Where and when?
Date: Thursday 11th May
Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm (Register at 10:30am)
Location: Sweetwoods Park Golf Club, Colestock Road, Cowden, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 7AY
Price: This event is free to attend.