everywomanNetwork live event in partnership with Sky
Tuesday, 12 November 2013 from 09:45 to 12:00 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ask any woman whether she’s ambitious and it’s not a given that you’ll receive a resounding ‘YES’. But the reality is that ambition drives opportunity and right here and right now, there is a multitude of exciting career opportunities available to women that were just not around years ago.
Barriers are being broken down and there has never been more focus on getting women into senior positions.
However, these opportunities are not going to come your way if you simply keep your head down and do a good job!
You need to take the leap (this can be big or small) to drive your ambition and let those around you know where you’re heading. So join our fast paced morning, jam-packed with first-hand advice from those that know what it takes. The great news is that Sky is bringing it to you – you don’t have to leave your desk.
This live streamed ‘everywomanNetwork in partnership with Sky’ live webinar– ‘Drive your ambition.’ is on Tuesday, 12 November 2013 from 9.45am –12.00 GMT.
Hosted by Jayne Secker from Sky News, you will hear from a leading business psychologist on barriers that can prevent you from progressing and two panels of leaders who will share their perspective on steps you can take to support a successful career.
Take your first leap! Join us on Tuesday 12 November - register today.
09.45 Welcome - Driving your ambition
- Karen Gill MBE and Maxine Benson MBE,Co-founders, everywoman
09.50 Highlights from everywoman and AMS ‘Focus on the pipeline’ research
- Jayne Secker, Presenter, Sky News
10.00 Barriers that can prevent you from progressing and how to overcome them.
- Ros Taylor, leading business psychologist
10.30 Panel one: What I did to drive my career, how I got where I am today and how I overcame challenges.
- Angela Wakelin, Director, Risk & Operations, UK Banking, Santander
- Heather Melville, Regional Sales Director, Corporate Banking Division, RBS
- Melanie Eusebe, Consultant, Ernst & Young
- Lucy Lumsden, Head of Comedy, Sky
11.10 Panel two: Steps you can take to support a successful career
- Deborah Baker, Director of People, Sky
- Alistair Cochrane, MD UK & Ireland, TNT Express Services
- Rowan Fyfe, Senior Manager, Learning and Diversity, Vodafone UK
- Lynn O'Connor, Diversity and Inclusion Manager, IT&S and IP, BP Plc
11.50 Closing remarks
12.00 Official Close
Founded in September 1999, everywoman is a membership organisation that champions the advancement of women in business. We work alongside companies looking to develop and retain a pipeline of female leaders and individual women who are looking to advance themselves and others. We believe that challenging and changing existing mindsets will increase the individual success and collective influence of women in business.