Actions and Detail Panel
Evidence & Evaluation Outcomes in Primary Care: A Showcase
Thu 15 June 2017, 12:30 – 17:00 BST
Developing a Community of Practice for Evidence and Evaluation Outcomes in Primary Care
Sheffield Hallam University has been working with commissioning and provider organisations across South Yorkshire and is proposing a showcase event that brings clinicians, managers, commissioners and academics together to share , discuss and utilise the evidence of good practice and new ways of working in Primary Care.
To launch this initiative, we are showcasing a number of projects that have been evaluated by SHU:
- Presentation of CHSCR findings from the evaluation of the 'Extended Primary Care Programme' in Sheffield. Shona Kelly, CHSCR
- Factors that affect GP uptake of schemes and services in EPCP. Sally Fowler-Davis, CHSCR
- An Evaluation of SOAR Social Prescribing in North East Sheffield - Bronwyn Moss, Department of Sociology
- Social Prescribing Plus: Lessons from Rotherham. Chris Dayson, CRESR
- An Evaluation of the YH Advanced Training Practice Scheme, Robin Lewis Nursing Department
After the presentation there will be facilitated discussion about how the research enables new thinking and planning in Primary Care around the following issues;
- The potential for enhanced communication and organisational improvement across general practice
- The outcomes of teams and multi/inter professional practice in primary care
- Challenges associated with outcomes data and data linkages in primary care
- Perspectives on prevention and primary care
Date and Venue
The event will be held on Thursday 15th June from 12.30 pm for lunch and starting at 1.15pm and ending at 5pm. The venue is Novotel Hotel, Sheffield.
The event is free, funded by SHU and will conclude with a Panel discussion chaired by Professor Chris Burton, Professor of Primary Medical Care, The University of Sheffield. The event is open to all general practitioners, clinicians, practitioners and managers associated with the provision of primary care. Also representatives of academic, consumer organisations and commissioning groups and educational commissioning across South Yorkshire.
Poster presentations and panel discussion chaired by Chris Burton.
Schemes from the EPCP and other regional health / social care services will be invited to present their own posters about their outcomes in primary care.