This course is suitable for all Excel Power Users and BI Consultants/Developer who wish to use Excel to become proficient with PowerPivot, and have the necessary skills to implement PowerPivot applications and perform data analysis using real scenarios.
Introduction to PowerPivot
- PowerPivot Overview of terms and concepts
- What is Business Intelligence (BI)?
- Excel limitations
- Classic Excel PivotTables vs PivotTables in PowerPivot
Connecting to Single Table Data Sources
- Connecting to Different Sources
- Pasting Data into a PowerPivot
- Overview of Results
- Importing Data from Excel and SharePoint Lists to PowerPivot
Working with Multiple Table Data Sources
- Importing Data from Data Feeds into PowerPivot
- Managing Data in a PowerPivot Window
- Excel (Linked Tables) as a Data Source
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Create a Calculated Column to Measure Results
- AutoSum Measures
- User Created Measures
- Working with Dates in a PowerPivot Environment
- Creating Dashboards
Working with Slicers
- Adding Slicers to the PowerPivot – comparisons between PowerPivot Slices and Excel Slicer
- Adding a Timeline to a PivotTable/Chart
The Diagram View
- The Diagram View in PowerPivot
- Managing Relationships and Tables in the Diagram View
- Working with Hierarchies
Working with DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- Sample DAX Functions
- Writing DAX Functions
- Time Intelligent Functions
For more information of what this course itails click HERE
This one day training course provides free parking, lunch and refreshments, manual, certificate and post course support.
Price for training is £220 + VAT. For more information about this course call (0151) 650 6907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Generally, our courses run from 09:30 until 16:30 unless otherwise stated. Some courses will be more than 1 day so please read the dates at the time of booking.
After booking via Eventbrite you will receive notification from them of your purchase. You will also receive joining instructions from the SquareOne team, confirming dates, times and location. We will also at that time check on any special needs or dietary requirements you may have.
In the unlikely event that this course is cancelled – then SquareOne will work with you to schedule new dates.