This one day workshop introduces some of the principles and research of positive psychology. It will cover a range of techniques and approaches to increase happiness. *Lunch break 12:30-13:00
The workshop is highly experiential and participatory with guided instructions and exercises to increase well-being and happiness.
The participants will receive a handout and a CD as an aid to continue with their practice if wished.
There is no assessment; the tutor will give individual feedback.
What topics will I study?
- Being human, being happy – a contradiction?
- Definitions of happiness
- Neuroscience research – how behavioural changes affect the brain
- Healthy choices, wise decision making
- Interdependence - importance of social interactions
- Self-reflection through mindfulness
- Pioneering Buddhist thought – the practice of kindness, appreciation, gratitude and generosity to increase happiness
- Authenticity, self-expression
*These courses are for students aged 19+