This one day workshop introduces some of the principles and research of positive psychology. It will cover a range of techniques and approaches to increase happiness. Lunch break 12:30-13:00
The workshop is highly experiential and participatory with guided instructions and exercises to increase well-being and happiness.
The participants will receive a handout and a CD as an aid to continue with their practice if wished.
What topics will the workshop cover?
- Being human, being happy – a contradiction?
- Definitions of happiness
- Neuroscience research – how behavioural changes affect the brain
- Healthy choices, wise decision making
- Interdependence - importance of social interactions
- Self-reflection through mindfulness
- Pioneering Buddhist thought – the practice of kindness, appreciation, gratitude and generosity to increase happiness
- Authenticity, self-expression
Mindfulness Teacher and Well-Being Educator (Practitioner) Heike Hollerung has a background in counselling, body work, mental health and special needs support. Her passion is to combine the depths of insight meditation and other spiritual traditions with personal development approaches. The aim is to increase self- awareness, compassion and a sense of feeling fulfilled, enjoying life.
*These courses are for students aged 19+