Actions and Detail Panel
Existing SEDA/CRA PDA Event Bookings (Promoting Student Engagement, Belongi...
Wed 26 October 2016, 09:45 – 16:30 BST
Whilst a key element within the TEF is assessment against a common set of metrics, appropriately benchmarked, a further significant element in the Technical Consultation was the focus upon a Provider Submission, covering such areas as student engagement, the use of learner analytics, learning gain and approaches to the measurement and recording of student progress.
Following two highly successful Seminars, our third event will seek to:
- Firmly locate Tutoring and Advising Practice in the ‘Excellence Agenda’ from a range of perspectives: Institutional, Departmental and Student. Participants will leave with an appreciation of resources and frameworks which can be utilised to ensure that effective and excellent practice in student support and guidance is fully developed and represented in the TEF.
- Showcase innovative thinking and practice from across the sector.
- Provide the initial workshop for the CRA/SEDA Professional Development Award in Personal Tutoring and Academic Advising, an opportunity for professional development offered:
- Ø on a collaborative basis, providing financial savings to institutions and access to a wider community of practice which has the potential to enrich the development process.
- Ø as a single ‘module’ based on attendance at this day event plus on-line material and the tutored production of an e-portfolio.
Evidence generated by undertaking this award can be used towards a claim for Fellowships with the HE Academy. In particular work on this award addresses the Area of Activity A4 ‘developing effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance’ as well as addressing many of the core knowledge dimensions and all of the professional values of the UKPSF.