Actions and Detail Panel
Expert client handling | Half-day training workshop
Thu 23 March 2017, 09:00 – 13:00 GMT
How can you develop deep, trust-based relationships with your clients, and work together more collaboratively?
To work together at this level, you need to ensure that your agency's work is aligned with your client's business. And to do that you need to really get under the skin of their business and understand their challenges.
This half-day workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to become an expert at managing high level relationships; building up true partnerships that will ultimately lead to a greater level of success for your agency.
Our speaker, client services expert Chris Merrington, will explore the unique ways in which you can take your senior client relationships to the next level, working more professionally and collaboratively together to achieve shared goals.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding the client’s real requirements.
- Demonstrating expertise, value and insights.
- The 7 most expensive mistakes that design agencies make - and how to learn from them.
- Getting it right from day one - the rules of engagement for a long and productive relationship.
- Handling difficult situations and conversations.
- Spotting problems early and getting real feedback.
You'll find out how to:
- Ensure the relationship delivers on its promises for both parties.
- Work together to create excellent briefs and inspire great work.
- Demonstrate and sell expertise appropriately.
- Be proactive about difficult or challenging conversations, and ensure that outcomes resolve and improve business issues.
- Identify the signs of a client-agency relationship that is under strain.
- Reboot a flat or declining client relationship.
Don't miss this opportunity to move beyond the buy-sell dynamic and create truly successful relationships.
Chris Merrington, Owner, Spring 80:20
Chris Merrington runs Spring 80:20 a training consultancy since 2001 specialising in working with agencies to give them an unfair competitive advantage. He has worked with over 100 agencies in the UK and across Europe. He regularly works with the major agency groups and many independent agencies.
Chris is the author of “Why do smart people make such stupid mistakes?” specifically written for agencies.
Chris brings his wealth of experience from an agency background at director level in client service and new business.
Prices include VAT.
*DBA member traveller rate:
To make our workshops more accessible to those based outside London, we are offering a discount to individuals whose offices are located more than 60 miles from the DBA office (EC1V 9HX). If this includes you, please book using the rates above. We will then contact you to verify your postcode.
To see if your office is located more than 60 miles please click here.
When booking please provide the name of the person who will be attending the event - we will use this for their delegate badge and materials.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
Event image: © Franz Pfluegl | Dreamstime.com