Successful project management is essential in the design industry. It helps to give structure to high-pressure environments, ensures your team are working to their optimum capacity, and makes sure every hour is well spent. Regardless of the theory or process you use to manage your projects, making these work throughout your business requires skill. How can you hone your approach so you're leading and excelling in every project?
Design industry expert Jan Casey will share practical guidance to help you towards becoming a skilled project manager. Take the lead in keeping your team on track and navigate competing diary demands so that the best work is delivered to time, budget and scope requirements.
This workshop will cover:
- How to distribute the workload across your business and make the best use of technology.
- How to identify and rectify problem stages – are you overservicing clients or taking too long ironing out the brief?
- Managing workload pressures - how to strike the balance between your team being productive and overwhelmed.
- Personal impact – how to influence key stakeholders and influencing upwards.
- The confidence to take control over the whole project management cycle in your business.
- The ability to improve efficiency by reducing project impediments, including scope creep.
- How to apply your project management methodology more effectively to tackle the pinch points which are leading to over servicing.
- Enhanced skills in managing multiple projects, and the ability to lead the flow of work through your business.
- The ability to move projects through to successful completion.
This workshop will enable you to cement your position as a skilled project manager, capable of delivering the very best for your team and your business.
Book today to increase your personal impact as a project manager in a creative environment.
Jan Casey, Independent Consultant
With over 25 years experience in the creative industry, Jan has substantial expertise from both a business and consultancy perspective. As a board director and shareholder at Lambie-Nairn, she was responsible for the development and direction of multi-disciplinary teams originating and implementing complex, large-scale projects across a variety of market sectors for clients such as ITN, BBC, Boots, O2 and Channel Four.
As an independent consultant for over seven years, she has delivered a unique set of skills for clients and consultancies, combining her experience as a brand consultant, project director, business advisor and coach and psychotherapist to build brands, implement projects and facilitate organisational change. Recent business clients include NHS, Land Securities, BBC Broadcast, HM Revenue & Customs, Sky, Royal Mail and Red Cross and design consultancy clients include hat-trick, Pentagram and True North. Jan has chaired seminars on the creative industry and is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Prices include VAT.
*DBA member traveller rate:
To make our workshops more accessible to those based outside London, we are offering a discount to individuals whose offices are located more than 60 miles from the DBA office (EC1V 9HX). If this includes you, please book using the rates above. We will then contact you to verify your postcode.
To see if your office is located more than 60 miles please click here.
When booking please provide the name of the person who will be attending the event - we will use this for their delegate badge and materials.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
Event image: © Dreamstime.com