San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Prospect Maturation & Post Well Lookbacks: Sharing Good Practices for Success (formerly ‘Pitfalls’)
This event has become a key date in the exploration calendar, offering a unique opportunity for the industry to share stories on the challenges of exploration in the North Sea and Atlantic Margin and how we are overcoming them. In the spirit of open collaboration, operators present case studies describing the challenges of locating and drilling their North Sea exploration wells.
Our 2017 conference introduced innovations which included the sharing of processes that support intelligent risk assessment and risk mitigation of oil and gas plays, to enable the decision to proceed with an exploration well.
This provided a forum for operators to share informally with industry, best practices and lessons learned, increasing the opportunity for a successful outcome.
Keynote Speakers and Session Chairs included:
- Michael Tholen, Upstream Policy Director, Oil & Gas UK
- Jenny Morris, Head of Exploration UK, Statoil (U.K.) Limited
- David Lewis, Team Lead UKCS Exploration (WOS & North Sea), Chevron Upstream Europe
- Paul Herrington, Exploration Portfolio Manager, Oil and Gas Authority
Case Studies provided by:
- EnCounter Oil
- ENGIE E&P UK
- Hurricane Energy PLC
- Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited
- Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited
- Summit Exploration and Production Ltd
- Zennor Petroleum Ltd
The full agenda is available here: Exploration Conference 2017 – Agenda.
All material is provided on a sight-only basis at this conference.
When & Where
Oil & Gas UK