Whilst the Government has stepped back from the recent White Paper proposal to make all school academies, and there is no imminent rush to convert, the old adage “fail to prepare and prepare to fail” springs to mind.
Relevant to anyone in a decision making role in any type of school, this course will provide delegates with impartial and factual insights into the way academies are constituted and how this will affect school leadership and governance.
Objectives of this course
- have a balanced and impartial awareness of the key features of academy status
- understand how academy status differs from arrangements for schools operating within a local authority framework
- understand key phases in the conversion process
- use a business focused process to assess the readiness of the leadership and governance team to face the challenges of academy status
- use a framework to evaluate the suitability of other prospective school "partners" who may wish to academise together
- be able to access further information and support
- return to school able to formulate their response to the government's aim for all schools to convert in the next six years
Course facilitator: Larraine Cooper
Please note that the start time shown allows for registration and refreshments, the course programme will be sent to each delegate via the email supplied with the final information.
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on firstname.lastname@example.org that the course will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the course if insufficient bookings are received.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter the correct membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on email@example.com or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at email@example.com
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.