Actions and Detail Panel
Exploring Hospital Records and Archives
Fri 28 April 2017, 12:30 – 16:30 BST
Exploring Hospital records and Archives: A Symposium Event for Researchers and Archivists.
The event is relevant for people starting their research (undergraduate or postgraduate) or those wanting to explore new routes into academic or historical explorations
Researching hospital records offers opportunities and presents challenges. Records from the Royal Free Hospital will provide a main focus for the event, alongside other related material from the London Metropolitan Archives (LMA) collections.
There will also be the opportunity to share research ideas, exchange information and network with others researching a range of topics relating to hospital records.
12.30 – 2pm
- Registration and Welcome
- Networking Lunch (lunch is provided)
- Behind the Scenes Tour – an introduction to the archive and its work
- Document / Collection Viewing – a chance to see and discuss original materials
Presentations and Open Forum: Accessing and Using Archive Collections
LMA staff will:
- Introduce the range and type of collections held on site
- Discuss ways of working with sensitive and challenging material
- Open up ideas about how Royal Free Hospital record collections have been used to engage and inform the public
Workshop and Knowledge Share
This practical session will provide participants with an opportunity to discuss, plan and share current research or project work, discuss new proposals and consider the potential of partnership working.
4.20pm Final Round Up