Actions and Detail Panel
Exploring Mental Health Care Pathways (Fairlop)
Fri 24 March 2017, 13:30 – 15:30 GMT
Calling all staff working across health and social care in Redbridge! You are invited to join us for a collaborative learning session on the topic of Mental Health (Provided by The Tavistock & Portman in partnership with BHR CEPN).
Please note, the morning session is on children & young people. The afternoon session is on adults and older people.
Working with some of the most challenging and distressing experiences of psychological distress (depression, self- harm and suicidality in children and young people; dementia and end of life care in older people) is always helped by close collaborative partnerships.
These workshops will aim to provide and share knowledge about these key aspects of mental health, and to develop a community of practice that can work together to provide the best possible service in collaboration.
The group is open to all health and social care professionals locally who would have contact with people (or their relatives) who face mental ill-health, and provide a space in which you can present the concerns and dilemmas you face as they arise when caring for individuals with mental health issues. The workshops aim:
- To increase your knowledge about mental health issues across the age range
- To promote understanding of the importance of and barriers to collaborative working in relation to mental health
- To support you in using this knowledge and understanding to develop the tools and practical approaches most relevant to your own practice or care setting
Collaborative Learning Groups:
- Are designed to give you the skills you need to improve outcomes for people accessing your services locally
- Will enable you to meet other people who work nearby, giving you opportunities to make local connections
- Will offer learning opportunities based on examples from those who access care locally.
- Will be discussion-based to give you the opportunity to share your approach with other colleagues and hear how they do things differently.
- Will enable you to find out more about other local services and provision relevant to you
In addition to Mental Health, there are sessions on Diabetes (there will be groups on both children & young people and older people), and End of Life Care. There are also workshops taking place on the experiences of those accessing care. For more information please contact the organiser.