Exploring the Diabetes Care Pathway (Fairlop)
Calling all staff working across health and social care in Fairlop! You are invited to join us for a collaborative learning session on the topic of Diabetes in Adults & Older People (Provided by First Care Connection in partnership with BHR CEPN).
Improving health outcomes for residents with diabetes or at risk of diabetes in Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge. Improving working together for people with diabetes. As part of your work, do you or your staff:
- Come into contact with people who have diabetes?
- Come into contact with people who are at risk of diabetes?
- Have a role in improving the health and wellbeing of local residents in BHR, particularly of diabetes?
Diabetes is one of the most prevalent long-term conditions in BHR, which can lead to a number of other serious conditions such as heart disease, stroke and chronic kidney disease. The diabetic patient population is expected to rise, with certain groups of people at higher risk.
This workshop, supported by a local resident living with the condition, will help you explore ways to improve the experiences of individuals with diabetes and the care they receive. These events aim to lead to more collaborative care and improved practice in your local area.
- Are designed to give you the skills you need to improve outcomes for people accessing your services locally
- Will enable you to meet other people who work nearby, giving you opportunities to make local connections
- Will offer learning opportunities based on examples from those who access care locally.
- Will be discussion-based to give you the opportunity to share your approach with other colleagues and hear how they do things differently.
- Will enable you to find out more about other local services and provision relevant to you
In addition to Diabetes, there are sessions on Mental Health (there will be groups on both children & young people and older people), and End of Life Care. There are also workshops taking place on the experiences of those accessing care. For more information please contact the organiser.