Actions and Detail Panel
Exploring the End of Life Care Pathway (Dagenham)
Tue 24 January 2017, 09:30 – 12:30 GMT
Calling all staff working across health and social care in Dagenham! You are invited to join us for a collaborative learning session on the topic of End of Life Care (provided by St Francis Hospice in partnership with BHR CEPN).
This CLG is open to all health and social care professionals locally who would have contact with people (or their relatives) who are nearing the end of their life. This could include:
- Clinical practitioners
- Social care practitioners
- Care Home Staff
- HCAs or PAs
- Allied Health or Mental Health Practitioners
Through group discussion, the aim is that you should leave with a variety of different tools and practical approaches you can adapt to your own practice or care setting. Focussing on the Priorities of Care for the Dying Person, the learning groups will emphasise the focus for care in the last few days and hours of life - the person who is dying.
Participants should, through working collaboratively with other local colleagues, leave the session with a clear identification of changes in practice that can make a difference to the experience of the people cared for at the end of their lives.
Collaborative Learning Groups:
- Are designed to give you the skills you need to improve outcomes for people accessing your services locally
- Will enable you to meet other people who work nearby, giving you opportunities to make local connections
- Will offer learning opportunities based on examples from those who access care locally.
- Will be discussion-based to give you the opportunity to share your approach with other colleagues and hear how they do things differently.
- Will enable you to find out more about other local services and provision relevant to you
In addition to End of Life Care, there are sessions on Diabetes & Mental Health (there will be groups on both children & young people and older people). There are also workshops taking place on the experiences of those accessing care. For more information please contact the organiser.