Women, have you considered getting involved in politics but not quite been able to take the plunge? Do you need more information but don't know where to get it? Or do you worry you don't have the skills but you still want to make a difference?
Come along to our first Manchester workshop from The Parliament Project, an initiative to increase the numbers of women in political office, in conjunction with #DivaManc, as we help women explore their political pathway.
- Think about why you want to get involved in politics
- Find out more about the various roles that you could work toward
- Look at the different routes and pathways to get there
- Decide on your next steps
- Talk to others who are motivated and excited too!
We are delighted to be joined by Cllr Amina Lone who is the Labour Party representative for Hulme Ward Manchester, who will share her expereince.
The event will be held at Friends' Meeting House, central Manchester and will be led by facilitators from #DivaManc, a project to get women's voices involved in Manchester devolution and Parliament Project Founder Lee Chalmers.
Venue is wheelchair accessible. Coffee and tea provided. Spaces are limited.
We are grateful to be supported by the Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust.