Export Controls and Licensing
This export control training course explains what is often considered to be the 'black-art' of export licensing controls. Military use is now very widely defined and controls cover the export of goods, technology transfer, including the export of technology over the internet, via email, oral disclosure or technical assistance overseas.
Transgression of export control can result in Customs Seizures, logistical problems and contractual penalties. There are minimal grounds for defence if goods or technology get into the wrong hands. Directors, individuals and employees are subject to prosecution with a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment.
The programme examines the current export control legislation and gives valuable guidance for compliance with the new orders and secondary legislation for both Military and Dual-Use items. It will also consider compliance with external controls, such as ITAR and EAR regulations that may be imposed on those companies with US connections or shipping goods of US origin.
International trade is a very complex subject with many different terms, procedures and regulations. Training is essential to successful trading overseas.
Who should attend?
- Those new to export controls
- Experienced staff who wish to update their knowledge
- Those responsible and concerned with their company's compliance procedures
How will you benefit?
- Master all the export licensing controls - export of goods, technology transfer, including technology over the internet, email, oral disclosure or technical assistance overseas
- Receive guidance for compliance with the new orders and secondary legislation for both Military and Dual-Use items
- Avoid customs Seizures, custodial sentences, logistical problems and contractual penalties
- Gain a Continuous Professional Development Certificate from the Institute of Export
- Why do we have export control?
- Who administers the export control?
- Which countries are controlled?
- Penalties for violation
- What products are covered by export control?
- Dual-use products
- Transfer of technology
- Export Licenses available
- Export License application
- Export License use
- Role of customs
- United States Controls
- ITAR and EAR Regulations
- Suspicious enquiries
- Suggested best practice
Continuous Professional Development
This course is graded as intermediate level and would qualify for 15 Continuous Professional Development points.
If you are a Business West Chamber of Commerce member you can save 10% on this course, simply contact us for your discount code
Save This Event
When & Where
Business West Training
Gain skills, improve your existing ones or just learn something new!