Actions and Detail Panel
Export licence business breakfast
Wed 10 May 2017, 08:00 – 10:00 BST
The purpose of this Business Breakfast is to see how UK Export Controls can help at local level those companies who are new to using export licensing or even not aware of the controls.
Evidence is found in non-compliance across a variety of business sectors. This seminar will help with understanding and using licences correctly (which can result in incorrect declarations being made to HMRC).
The event will last around 2 hours starting off at 08.00am.
The seminar is run by Gareth Maybury an ECO Compliance Inspector and looks at :
1. Background to Controls – explaining the controls, the legislation, goods and technology that are controlled, types of activities that are controlled, the key Control Lists, the main activities and end use controls.
2. Types of licences available to exporters, the differences between them, the problems ECO experience when handling licence applications, the licencing process and the Criteria we have to follow
3. Compliance – why we visit companies who use open licences, explain what to expect, the problems we come across on such visits and guidance on best practice
4. Open Licence Exercise’s – Attendees get opportunity to look at scenarios and consider whether a particular licence could be used or not
5. Open Q&A, which concludes with the two compliance officers being present providing 1:1 surgery for attendees specific questions.