San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come and learn, network and share experiences with like-minded professionals from other international organisations. Meeting Facilitation Training is for you if want to discover solutions to the challenges and frustrations of facilitating international meetings and learn practical communication techniques for working with a multicultural audience. You will develop your understanding of cross-cultural perspectives and learn practical techniques to help you get the most out of your international meetings – avoiding wasted time and frustration.
- Why do we have meetings? What makes asuccessful meeting?
- Purpose, expectations and perceptions – how does this differ across cultures?
- Planning the meeting: agenda, materials, roles and responsibilities, guidelines
- Relationship focus: breaking the ice, building rapport, group dynamics, encouraging participation, cultural sensitivity
- Task focus: time management, decision making, reaching agreement
- Cross-cultural communication styles and patterns: formality, directness, level of detail, turn-taking, use of humour
- Communication and facilitation skills: questioning, active listening, managing interruptions and handling challenging participants
- Closing the meeting and following up
- Action planning and next steps
Lunch and refreshments are included.
Please contact us to book your place.
When & Where
London School of International Communication
Intercultural, Communication and Leadership Training and Coaching