Facilitating Restorative Conferences: Skills Training - MANCHESTER_APRIL 2017
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 8:30 AM - Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 4:00 PM (BST)
3-Day Facilitating Restorative Conferences: Skills Training
This training course prepares participants to facilitate Restorative Practices and Restorative Justice Conferences to a high skill level.
This course prepares participants to run restorative justice conferences and to use restorative practices in their everyday roles.
- brings together all those affected by conflict
- allows participants to come to a shared understanding
- provides a safe environment for the expression of emotion
- provides opportunities to rebuild damaged relationships
- rebuilds relationships and strengthens communities
- processes can be used proactively or reactively
- can be used within existing systems
- when experienced, advance on to SynRJ's "Sensitive & Complex Cases"
- pursue personal accreditation
- continuum of practice
- focuses upon restorative conferences with cases involving acknowledged harm and accepted responsibility
- introduces conferencing of cases where there is unacknowledged harm and/or unaccepted responsibility
- using the restorative conferencing script
- preparation of participants
- practical relevant role-play opportunities
- the role of the facilitator
Agenda & Materials
- group exercises to practice facilitating conferences
- feedback from experienced restorative facilitators
- exercises to look at dealing with acknowledged harm
- instructional videos and discussion
- instructional books:
- Restorative Justice Conferencing - combines:
- Real Justice (restorative conference case studies)
- Conferencing Handbook (the restorative conference training manual)
- a 'Student Course Workbook'
- accreditation opportunities
Each day runs 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (Registration 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.)
N.B. After 10/03/2017 this event can only be booked through IIRP at http://events.iirp.edu/events/region/europe/
Save This Event
When & Where
International Institute for Restorative Practices (IIRP) Europe
All IIRP Europe courses, workshops and CPD events hold the Restorative Justice Council (RJC) 'Training Provider Quality Mark' (TPQM).
The International Institute for Restorative Practices (IIRP) Europe (UK Registered Charity 1106409) - offers a wide range of services in all aspects of Restorative Practices. See our website at www.iirp.eu for details.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless stated otherwise, IIRP Europe courses and workshops are presented in the ENGLISH language - IELTS Level 5 to 6 is recommended. Details at: www.ielts.org
PLEASE NOTE: All courses are subject to achieving minimum numbers. You will be notified of cancellations at least 28 days prior to the course start date.
IIRP Europe are happy to offer a 10% Discount on many events to those who are on our records as having attended a previous IIRP CPD event, training course, workshop or conference.
To receive your 10% discount (where available), prior to selecting 'Order Now', YOU MUST FIRST click on 'Enter Promotional Code' just above the green 'Order Now' button and enter the code 'IIRPLoyalty'. Provided you are on our database your 10% discount will be honoured.
IIRP Europe is a Registered Training Provider with the Restorative Justice Council (RJC) and adheres to the RJC Trainers Code of Practice.
10% Discount for RJC Members on many events.
To receive your 10% RJC discount (where available), prior to selecting 'Order Now', YOU MUST FIRST click on 'Enter Promotional Code' just above the green 'Order Now' button and enter the code 'RJCMember'. To qualify for the discount you ALSO need to add a current RJC membership number in the free text area of the order section that follows.
PAYING BY CHEQUE
We can only accept payment by cheque in GBP Pounds Sterling. Otherwise a Sterling Bankers Draft will be required.
PAYING IN EURO's
Our PayPal account will accept payment in Euro's at current conversion rates.