‘HAVE YOUR SAY’…FACULTY ZONES
‘Have your say’ Faculty Zones consist of 5 zones that represent each of the faculties. Absolutely any idea you have can be submitted to a ‘‘Have your say’ Faculty Zone’. This can be course, welfare or Union activity related.
Your Faculty Zones are:
- ‘Have your say’ CCI (Creative & Cultural Industries)
- ‘Have your say’ Humanities & Social Science
- ‘Have your say’ PBS (Portsmouth Business School)
- ‘Have your say’ Science
- ‘Have your say’ Technology
So what happens during a ‘Have your say’ Faculty Zone’ meeting?
The chair will facilitate discussion on the ideas submitted. At each meeting 3 online ideas will be heard followed by 3 ideas suggested from the floor via the forms submitted at the meeting. The latter is done on a first come first served basis at the chair’s discretion.
More ideas can be heard but the meeting will never last longer than 90 minutes.
Each of these Zones will have a monthly Zone meeting. These dates will be available on our website.
This will be chaired by the Faculty Rep (in absence, the Deputy Faculty Rep or in absence of both any member present can be elected chair).
How many people to make a valid vote?
- Quorum for ‘‘Have your say’ Faculty’ Zones is 15 people in the room.
- These meetings are one student, one vote. If at least 75% of the students in attendance agree with the idea it passes and is then sent to the Union’s Actioning Body.
- If less than 75% agree with the idea it goes to an online vote for all students to participate.
- Any issue can be brought forward to any of the faculties. However if you click ‘I’m not sure…’ on the idea submission part of the form your issue will be sent to the faculty from which your course is based.