NOT SOLD OUT YET! PLEASE CALL 01202 888 992 FOR TICKETS
Fairytales for Grown-ups - THE DAY OF THE DEAD
Performance Storytelling with Tim Ralphs, Xanthe Gresham and TUUP
Inspired by the Mexican festival of The Day of the Dead, three fabulous storytellers dig deep into their potent repertoires to dance hand-in-hand with that dynamic trio of God, the Devil and Death.
Enter the Crick Crack Club’s bizarre and quirky celebration of the Mexican festival of the Dias de Los Muertos, where - under the watchful eye of a bunch of gambling skeletons - dead ancestors are honoured; the souls of the dead are tempted back into the world of the living for a bit of a party, and Death is mocked, cheated and saluted by turn.
Expect ritual, libations, stories, and magical mayhem..
In a field on the outskirts of Cranborne village, there is a hill, and it has a door....
One of Dorset's best kept secrets, the Earthouse is a 200 seater theatre - lit by lamplight and fire-light. Here audiences sit on wooden benches, under an earth roof, held up by 25 huge aok tree trunks. They come to listen to stories, told by the UK's finest contemporary performance storytellers. This off-beat, little known venue is a magical cinema of the imagination.
Turn off Damerham Road into Cranborne Middle School. Parking is in the school car-park. Walk up the road from the car-park to the Ancient Technology Centre, and follow the lane and then the twinkley lights and the candle lanterns to the doors of the Earthouse.
GOOD THINGS TO KNOW...
• Wrap up warm, bring a cushion & wear sensible shoes! (A torch might also come in handy!)
• There is no bar on site, and we don’t have a license to sell you alcohol – but we’ll supply something nice instead.
• We open the doors of the Earthouse at 7pm. In summer, please feel free to come early and sit in the sun – you can even bring a picnic (just don’t munch food while the show is on).
• We have toilets!
• Wheelchair users can drive up to the venue, but please let us know in advance if you’ll need to do this. You can call the ATC on 01725 517 618.
• Shows are unsuitable for under 12s. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
• We sometimes have (official) photographers discreetly taking pictures at these events – if you don’t want to be in these pictures, then please let a member of staff know.
• The ATC is a no smoking site.
• No dogs are allowed on site – we have some ancient breeds of sheep who live here, and they wouldn’t appreciate the company!
When & Where
The Crick Crack Club
The UK's legendary promoter & programmer of performance storytelling - bringing international fairytale, myth and epic to the contemporary stage...