Join us for a day of Nordic Walking for the Fal River Festival.
Nordic Walking is a great way to get fit and healthy both physically and mentally!
We start the day for those who haven't Nordic Walked before with a Beginners Workshop at the beautiful Trelissick Gardens. This one hour session starting at 9.00 (please arrive 15 mins early) will teach you how to Nordic Walk and use the poles properly to get the most out of the days Nordic Walking.
At 10.15 will meet those who are coming for just the Roseland Nordic Walk (those that have completed a Beginners Workshop before) in the car park at the Information Shelter.
The whole group will then make their way down to the pontoon in time for the boat to pick us up at 11.00 to take us to St Mawes.
Ferry times from...
- Trelissick 11.00
- Falmouth (Falmouth Prince of Wales Pier) 11.15 - Please collect your ferry voucher from the Visitor Information Centre at PWP before boarding.
- Place 12.00
On the way we will collect those coming from Falmouth we then have a 25 min wait for the place ferry so just enough time for a quick coffee in St Mawes.
The place ferry will drop us off for us to start our Roseland Nordic Walk at 12.10. We will be stopping on the way round at the Thurstea tea van at Porth Farm for refreshments.
The ferry will collect us from Place at 2.45 and we expect to arrive back at Trelissick by 16.10. Those wishing to travel back to Falmouth can do so on the 3.45pm ferry from St Mawes.
IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF THIS NORDIC WALK IS FOR YOU PLEASE CONTACT KELLY AT WALK KERNOW
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- Layered clothing to suit the weather, please remember we are out for the majority of the day so the weather can change quickly - please NO jeans.
- Trainers or walking shoes - please NO open shoes, wellies or flipflops.
- A packed lunch - time is limited for our stop at the Thurstea Van.
- Water - Nordic Walking is hot work please bring plenty of water.
- Suncream & hat - just in case it's easy to catch the sun without knowing it when walking.
- A rucksack to carry everything in
- Finally, a big smile, love of the outdoors and a sense of humour
Looking forward to a fun day with you all...
Kelly Bennett - INWA Nordic Walking Instructor