False Intimacy is a one-day conference run by Living Waters addressing the pastoral issues faced by ministers and church leaders when helping those struggling with sexual purity, pornography use and sex addiction both within and outside the church. A recent survey by CARE found that 97% of church leaders believe online pornography to be a serious issue within the church, but many are at a loss as to how to provide effective support in this area, which affects both men and women.
What is Covered:
During the day we will look at the following topics, there will also be time for Q&A sessions:
- The diminishing returns of sexual impurity, both virtual and interpersonal
- Introduction to the addictive cycle and effects on the mind
- The roots of sexually addictive behaviour and our wounded hearts
- How to nurture vulnerability and accountability in those struggling
- How to support the spouses and families of those acting out sexually
- The way forward, sources of help and tools.
Registration: Doors open from 9:15 for registration. The first session begins at 9:45
When & Where
Living Waters UK
Living Waters UK is a Christian charity with over 20 years experience helping thousands of people address relationship and behavioural issues through teaching, small group work and healing prayer through courses, workshops and teaching events. We are a member of the Evangelical Alliance.